DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Traffic and Weather

Hey, just so you know, traffic was a cluster on 101 last night. One and a half hours from the greater Milpitas area to FC. A pain in the ass.

My body is a wonderland, as in it does not work very well but I still manage to get around, and my house is an icebox. Back in the 60s they did not design these NorCal tract homes to withstand a prolonged cold snap. The alleged insulation they blew into my attic has not done wonders recently. They probably saw me coming and blew a bunch of packing peanuts up there.

There's no ice on the vehicles this morning as there was all last week but the space heaters are working overtime anyway.. On the radio yesterday, the DJ was talking about covering up your bougainvilleas. I always keep my bougainvillea covered, if you know what I mean, and I think you do.

Apropos of nothing, it appears I've been on hiatus longer than when I officially announced I was going on hiatus. I got plenty of excuses, holidays, new job etc. but nobody but the Wolv was paying attention anyway. I got a cranky note from the crank yesterday, whinging about writer's block or writer's cramp or what have you. I think the Wolv has cramps of a different sort, if you know what I mean, and I think you do. 
 
So, Wolv, here's five good reasons not to send me discordant emails.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home