DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Wednesday, September 05, 2012

The Pressure

I'm heading to Tahoe tomorrow with the numbers but with this renewed commitment to the SLA, I gotta post before I blow out of town. I don't blog well in the mountains. And I still have to pack and watch some of the DNC. I don't expect to see anybody talking to empty chairs tonight.

I'm a little concerned about leaving my wife for several days. I usually do the grocery shopping but she'll probably have to take over that duty. For example, she buys vegetables sometimes. She doesn't necessarily have any plan, such as cooking and consuming them. That is usually left to me. She buys them because they look cute at the farmer's market stalls.

She is good, however, at adding interesting things to the shopping list. I came across this a few months back: Good Earth Tea Chia. I was confused. Did she want Chai Tea? Or was there new Chia Pet named "Good Earth Tea"?

I can write these things because I will be hundreds of miles away and it is unlikely that she'll check the blog any time soon.

I caught this article last month. It details the inclination of the Argentines towards psychoanalysis. It gave several reasons, but I get the feeling, deep down, all they really want is to be more like the Chileans.

1 Comments:

  • At 9/08/2012 1:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Didn't think I would read it...I read it and you are not funny! The wife

     

Post a Comment

<< Home