DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Anti-Aging Secrets, Frozen Turds, Etc.

Here's some tips for all my middle-aged friends. I, for one, will no longer skimp on deep conditioning nor will I wear old bras.


My wife and I took down the Christmas lights without getting into a fight this weekend. I noticed that one of my neighbors let Fido drop a deuce on my lawn but clean up was easy as the excrement was frozen solid.

Coca Cola is addressing obesity. That's like Smith and Wesson addressing gun violence

I had a nice chat with SB1 last night about his benefits at work. He's in to week two of his professional career. I posted a Youtube video of Elvis Costello's "Welcome to the Working Week" on his wall.

Dr. Joe was in town a couple weekends ago. I gotta talk to that boy about getting a dinner allowance from his employers so he can pick up the entire check once in a while. We went to Roti India Bistro in Burlingame. I had seen it reviewed on Check, Please! We had a good meal and I plan to go back. It seemed to me there was too much lamb in the Mixed Tandoori but no other complaints.

Dr. Joe caught up with the blog recently, at my urging, because I need affirmation from my closest friends to be able to continue to operate this thing at the highest levels. The good doctor said he needed a guide to all the characters. I plan to begin work on that.

Time to go defrost the Volvo.

1 Comments:

  • At 1/22/2013 7:06 AM, Blogger jeron said…

    We need the guide - dude. And for all you really avid readers who look at comments - I offered to pick up the whole check

     

Post a Comment

<< Home