DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Nobody Reads Me

The UK sent me the following link about blogs. I realize I stand out from the 60 million but I think I now have a better understanding of why The Exec hasn’t posted for seven months. But don’t despair Exec. It’s not only the on-line community that considers you insignificant. Your friends feel the same way.

http://www.smartmoney.com/10things/index.cfm?story=march2007&pgnum=1

And I have news for you Upgrade King. If you were Sarah Palin’s kid, your name would be Gamebird Kelp. I like UK better. I guess we can use it as a code name for the Vegas trip.

http://www.politsk.blogspot.com/

Speaking of Sarah, I’m looking forward to tomorrow’s debate. I won’t be able to join the hot tub party at #2’s house. I could probably swing it but all these guys will be blubbering because their wives are heading to Paris tomorrow. You won’t see me crying in my beer. My place will be party central until wifey returns.

In addition to seeing Sarah’s revelation, on last night’s news, that she reads all kinds of newspapers she couldn’t name, there was a talking head stating that they should call the bailout plan a rescue. So that’s the freakin’ problem, terminology. The government to the rescue! I like it. That reminds me of the old George Carlin skit about baseball and football. “You play baseball in a park, (voice deepening) you play football in a stadium”. I just hope they fix this mess. I do feel bad for all those execs (small e Exec, don’t get testy) that might get their pay limited because they ran their institutions into the ground. I hear the guy from WaMu may clear about $13M for a month’s work. Not bad. By the way, if you made an investment in WaMu based on my 8/25 post, gosh I’m really sorry. I was able to get out with only losing about a third of my money. Next time you invest based on what DJ says, keep this in mind. I’m a hack, not an investment advisor.

On the home front things are going well, except my wife abandoning me for ten days in France. Son #1 is enjoying his college experience so far. I call him twice a day but can’t seem to reach him very often. The girl is playing volleyball for school and keeping up with her studies, I think. We went to a tournament in Los Gatos a few weeks ago. I don’t recall having been there before but I don’t belong. It’s the type of town I’d call big bucks deluxe. Downtown they have a cute beading and quilting shop. So that’s what they do while the rest of us are allegedly working. Next door is the local Napa Style store. They have a superfluous accent in the shape of a leaf over the N. Now that’s panache! I hate panache.

I took my younger son to Safeway the other day. He did a good job helping me wheel the cart around. We had a minor snafu by the dairy aisle. We took the corner a little tight and caught the bottom of a cardboard display. This resulted in several hundred orange and black plastic cookie cutters being scattered all over the floor. I gingerly kicked a few aside, grabbed four gallons of milk, and headed for the checkout line. I was kind enough to inform them of this mishap when I got there. I’m a solid citizen.

That’s all I got. My mind has been pretty cluttered lately. I’m still trying to get the lousy memories of that Tahoe trip out of my head.

1 Comments:

  • At 10/04/2008 1:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was really expecting some original material on SP. Surely you can come up with something!!!

    Why dontcha get back to us on that...

    AMS

     

Post a Comment

<< Home